Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:21pm.
The solubility of silver chromate is 500 ml of water at 25 degrees celsius is 0.0129g. Calculate its solubility product constant.
n = m/M
= 3.888 x 10^-5mol
= 7.777 x 10^-5
ag2crO4 <--> 2ag+ + CrO4-
ksp= [ag+]2 x [CrO4-]
= (2x)^2 x (x)
= 4(7.777 x 10^-5)^3
= 1.888 x 10^-12
is that right? ^
- Chem- Please check :) - DrBob222, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:26pm
Except for the number of significant figures, yes.
The 0.0129g limits you to three in the answer.
- Chem- Please check :) - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:30pm
I don't get it :S
- Chem- Please check :) - DrBob222, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:54pm
In multiplication and division you are allowed as many significant figures in the answer as you have in the least value of the numbers multiplied or divided. You have three significant figures in the 0.0129 grams and 5 in the molar mass; therefore, you are allowed three in the answer. Your answer should be rounded to 1.89E-12.
Here is a link if you want to read more about s.f.
- Chem- Please check :) - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 11:33pm
oh okay. make sense :) thank you so much!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem can u check answer please - the solubility of silver sulfate in water is 0...
- Chemistry - What mass of silver chromate can be dissolved in 125 mL of water? ...
- Chem 2 - Calculate the solubility of silver chromate, Ag2CrO4- in 0.005M Na22Cr)...
- Chemistry - Silver chromate is sparingly soluble in aqueous solutions. The Ksp ...
- chemistry - Silver chromate is sparingly soluble in aqueous solutions. The Ksp ...
- Chemistry - A 100 L reaction container is charged with 0.724 mol of NOBr, which ...
- Chem - (a) The molar solubility of Ag2CrO4(s) at 35°C is 1.3 10-4 mol/L. ...
- Chemistry - What is the molar concentration of silver ion in a solution ...
- chemistry - Please help !? Knowing that the concentration of Ag+ in a silver ...
- College Chem 2 - Calculate the solubility Ag2CrO4(s) in a 0.100 M solution of ...