Posted by Matthew on .
I retyped the first part considering your corrections. Can you check if it is OK now? Thank you very, very much.
1) Mr. Otis buys Canterville Chase from Lord Canterville. After that, Mr Otis drives with his family to Canterville Chase. When they arrive there, Mrs. Lucretia Otis sees a blood stain in the sitting-room.
2) Mrs. Umney, the housekeeper, explains (to the Otis) that the stain can’t be removed. She tells them the story of Sir Simon, who killed his wife in 1575.
3) Washington Otis, the eldest son, removes the stain with “ Pinkenton’s Champion Stain Remover”.
4) The stain, however reappears the following morning and Washington applies Pinkerton again.
5) Several nights later, the ghost appears to Mr. Otis. He has got burning-red eyes, matted (synonym) hair, and heavy chains.
6) Mr. Otis is not scared of the ghost and suggests to the ghost a bottle of lubricator for his chains. The ghost feels helpless and humiliated. He is further insulted as the young Otis twins throw pillows at his head.
7) When he is in the corridor, the twins make a mock ghost to scare him. For this reason, the ghost retires to his chamber and decides to stay there forever. Mr Otis’s daughter, Virginia, finds the ghost and he talks to her about his story.