Posted by Matthew on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 3:11pm.
Writeacher, I urgently need you to check this paragraph. I really hope you can help me. As it is a short summary of Wilde's Canterville Ghost, I think it should be in the present. Can you suggest a site containing a simple and concise summary of the story?
1) Mr. Otis bought Canterville chase from Lord Canterville, after he and his family drove to Canterville chase.
2)When they arrive in the house, the family sees a stain of blood.
3) For this reason Mrs Umney, the housekeeper, tells the family the history of Sir Simon who killed his wife in 1575, but Washington removed the stain with “ Pinkenton ‘s clener “.
4) In the night the ghost appears, but the Otis family isn't scared of him.
5)Actually, Mr Otis gives the ghost a bottle of lubrificator for his chains and the twins punch the ghost with their pillows
6) For this reason, the ghost runs away and goes to his room
7) When he returns in the corridor, the twins make a mock ghost to scare him.
8) For this reason the ghost decides to stay forever in his room.
When Virgilia finds the ghost, he talks to her about his story and Virginia decides to help the ghost
9) The last part of the story is about (deals with) Virginia‘s marriage to the duke of Sascha called Cecil.
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 3:52pm
Here's a pretty good summary:
1) Mr. Otis buys Canterville Chase from Lord Canterville after he<~~"he" = Mr. Otis? or Lord Canterville? and his family drive to Canterville Chase.
2) When they arrive at the house, the family sees a bloodstain.
3) For this reason Mrs Umney, the housekeeper, tells the family the history of Sir Simon who killed his wife in 1575, but Washington<~~Who's this? removed the stain with "Pinkenton's clener".
5) Actually, Mr Otis gives the ghost a bottle of lubricator for his chains, and the twins punch the ghost with their pillows.
6) For this reason, the ghost runs away and goes to his room.
7) OK (needs period at the end)
8) The ghost then decides to stay forever in his room.
When Virgilia finds the ghost, he talks to her about his story, and Virginia decides to help the him.
9) The last part of the story is about Virginia's marriage to the Duke of Sascha, called Cecil.
Check all very carefully so you catch all the changes I made.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Writeacher, I'm still working on my paragraph on the presentation of ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need to rephrase (in modern English) Chaucer's ...
- English - Yes, it does make sense. Blasè means uninterested. Could you please ...
- Art - I need to let you check a few things later. I hope you'll be there, ...
- English - I retyped the first part considering your corrections. Can you check ...
- English - I urgently need to find a site where I can listen to the last Chapter ...
- English - Writeacher, I really need your help to write a short paragraph (100 ...
- Foreign languages - I really hope you are there, Writeacher. Can you suggest an ...
- English - Yes, it's correct. Thank you very much. I urgently need you to check ...
- English - Paragraph One: the Resume Statement I need to write a one paragraph ...