posted by Matthew .
Can you please check these sentences on Jonathan Swift's life? Thank you, Writeacher.
1) Swift was born in Ireland of English parents. He was also educated there and he became a priest.
2) He left Dublin for England in 1689 to reside (stay at?) at the household of William Temple, one of the foremost statesmen of the day. (I wanted to rephrase this sentence):
3) He stayed with him for ten years, during which he attended Temple's circle of learned and powerful friends.
4) He became one of the most influential writers of the Augustan Age.
5) He wrote satirical works against political corruption, and especially against the Prime Minister, Sir Robert Walpole.
6) He spent the last part of his life in Ireland where he became a sort of national hero because of his pamphelts in favour of the Irish.
He spent his final years in lethargy because of an illness that caused the loss of his mental powers.