Posted by Joe on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:47pm.
The distance around the equator of Saturn is about 378,675 km. What is the equatorial diameter of Saturn? Use pi = 3.14.
I think it is [D] but I'm not sure.
- Geometry! - Courtney, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:50pm
d is correct
- Geometry! - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:51pm
C = pi * d
378,675 = 3.14d
378,675/3.14 = d
120,597 = d
- Geometry! - Bosnian, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:52pm
d pi = 378,675 Divide both sides by pi
d = 378,675 / pi
d = 378,675 / 3.14
d = 120.597,133 km
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - What would be the weight of 22.0kg dog at the equator on Saturn's ...
- Physics - What is the weight of a 22.0 kg mass at the equator on the surface of ...
- Astronomy - We observe that oppositions of Saturn repeat every 378 days. Use ...
- physic - A spacecraft of mass = 4673 kg with a speed 5.0 10 m/s approaches ...
- physics - A spacecraft of mass m1 = 4673 kg with a speed v1i=5.0 ×103 m/s ...
- Physics Classical Mechanics - A spacecraft of mass m1 = 2161 kg with a speed v1i...
- physic - Determine the time it takes for a satellite to orbit the Saturn in a ...
- mila - Determine the time it takes for a satellite to orbit the Saturn in a ...
- science - One of Saturn's moons has an orbital distance of 1.87×100000000m. The ...
- science - One of Saturn's moons has an orbital distance of 1.87× 10m to the 8 ...