Posted by Laruen on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:43pm.
9. Eric's mother wants to help him with his math homework. She puts 24 cookies in a cookie jar. Twelve (12) of the cookies are chocolate chip, 8 are oatmeal, and 4 are peanut butter. She then has Eric select a cookie from the jar without looking. Next, without replacing the first cookie, Eric picks a second cookie without looking in the jar, What is the probability Eric will pick an oatmeal cookie first and a chocolate chip cookie second?
23/24 x 22/24????
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! (Q2) - Damon, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:54pm
8/24 * 4/23 = 4/69
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! (Q2) - Laruen, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 7:04pm
how did you got 8/24 * 4/23 = "4/69"?????????????????????
8 x 4 = 32
24 x 23 = 552
plus it not in one of the answers
but there's 4/23
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! (Q2) - Damon, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 7:34pm
first test is oatmeal
there are 8 oatmeal cookies out of the 24 in the jar so the probability of pulling an oatmeal cookie out is 8/24 = 1/3
Then we have 23 cookies in the jar and 12 are chocolate chip (sorry I did peanut butter)
1/3 * 12/23 = 4/23
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! (Q2) - Laruen, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 7:39pm
thats weird because when you put 4/69 i knew the answer was 4/23
Answer this Question
- Probabilities - In a cookie jar, there are 6 chocolate cookies and 8 oatmeal ...
- Math - A cookie jar contains 3 chocolate-chip, 2 peanut butter, 1 lemon, 1 ...
- English CRT 250 - your child is trying to prove that she did not steal chocolate...
- finite math - A tray contains 14 chocolate chip cookies and 16 oatmeal raisin ...
- math - A tray contains 11 chocolate chip cookies and 15 oatmeal raisin cookies. ...
- Math - There are 4 chocolate chip cookies and 12 oatmeal cookies in a jar. If ...
- social studies - Jasper, who already had 6 cookies, has just taken the last ...
- math - draw a diagram of this statement. three fifths of the baker 60 cookies ...
- math - One night Ms. Factor baked chocolate chip cookies. She used a 20-ounce ...
- math - the cookie monster has a package of cookies with him consisting of 4 ...