Posted by Laruen on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:14pm.
19. The circumference of the circle below is 25.12 centimeters
***** There is a circle and then there is a line and written radius
C = 2(pi)r
Which is the best estimate for the length of the radius of the circle?
a) 3 cm
b) 4 cm
c) 8 cm
d) 16 cm
please help i tried to solve this problem and I'm struggling (I'm NOT lying)
but i think the answer is b idk ..... I'm not guessing thought
I know haft of 25.12 is 12.56.
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:18pm
The formula for the circumference of a circle is:
C = pi * 2r
25.12 = 3.14 * 2r
25.12/3.14 = 2r
8 = 2r
8/2 = r
4 = r
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! - Bosnian, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:19pm
pi = 3.14
2 pi = 6.28
C = 2 r pi
25.12 = 2 r pi Divide both sides by 2 pi
25.12 / 2 pi = r
r = 25.12 / 2 pi
r = 25.12 / 6.28
r = 4 cm
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! - Laruen , Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:24pm
Thank You Ms. Sue! :)
Now I understand because I didn't learn this yet in math since we are behind in our curriculum. I'm going to rewrite this so that I way I can use this to study for the exam. I'm going to post more problems (don' worry not too much). I left some geometry questions (about 2) and other problems that I need help with (don't worry it's about 4 more problems or 3 that I'm going to post). Some questions are homework checks to see if I'm correct.
thanks again :)
- Math 7 - NYS Math Exam Review Help! - Laruen , Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:29pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - What is the approximate circumference of a circle with a radius of 6 ...
- Math - 23.What is the approximate circumference of a circle with a radius of 6 ...
- math - ) An object is moving on a straight line which is 15 centimeters away ...
- math - A regular hexagon is drawn inside of a circle so that each of its ...
- Math - I have a question my brother asked me but I need a math expert. You have ...
- Math - The circumference of a circle is 4 times the circumference of a circle ...
- Circumference,Radius, Diameter - The circumference of a circle is 12.56 ...
- math - The area of circle c is 81 pi . if the radius of the circle is doubled, ...
- math - I'm asked to find the circumference of a circle to the nearest tenth and ...
- Algebra - The Circumference and area of a circle of radius r are givin by 2 [pie...