Posted by kathy on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 3:02pm.
"Abbott: Oh, I'll tell you their names, but you know it seems to me they give these ball players now-a-days very peculiar names.
Costello: You mean funny names?
Abbott: Strange names, pet names...like Dizzy Dean...
Costello: His brother Daffy.
Abbott: Daffy Dean...
Costello: And their French cousin.
Abbott: Goofè Dean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...
Costello: That's what I want to find out.
Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.
Costello: Are you the manager?
Costello: You gonna be the coach too?
Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?
Abbott: Well I should.
Costello: Well then who's on first?
Costello: I mean the fellow's name.
Costello: The guy on first.
Costello: The first baseman.
Costello: The guy playing...
Abbott: Who is on first!
Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.
Abbott: That's the man's name.
Costello: That's who's name?
This is from a sketch by a famous comedy duo, Abbott and Costello. Using what you’ve read in this excerpt, imagine the next five lines. What aspect of comedy do they use (surprise, incongruity, or repetition)? Write those five lines."
Could you give me an example? Please? I would appreciate that and thank you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - What is the main benefit of using scientific names instead of common ...
- English - identify the portion that contains a compound subject during the 1940s...
- english - identify the portion that contains a compound subject during the ...
- English 10 --- Check Please - I this paragraph correct? Many names for groups ...
- English - 1. Sally, Sandy (Are they female names?) 2. Ken, Joe (Are they male ...
- home economics - what are the different names of equipment used for cooking? ...
- biology - I' like to know about names of the common plants and fish or animals ...
- Science 7R - Homework Check - 1. List 4 reasons biologists use scientific names ...
- english - Here is my sentece outline for this thesis Native American Indian ...
- chemistry - Give the names of these acids. A. HNO(subscript 2) B. HMnO(s.s. 4) C...