Posted by Crystal on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 9:15pm.
1. Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give number and explanaton.
2. Determine the exact value of tan^-1(sq. root 3). with explanation.
3. Determine exact value of cos(cos^-1(19 pi)). with explanation.
4. Determine the exact value of sin(sin^-1(20 pi)). with explantation.
5.determine exact value of cos^-1(sq root 2/2). with explanation.
6.Determine the exact value of cos(cos^-1(-sq root 2/2)). with explanation.
7.Determine the exact value of sin^-1(-1) with explanation.
8. Determine the exact value of cos^-1(0).with explanation.
9. Prove the idenity: cos^4(x)-sin^4(x)=1-2sin^2(x).with explanation.
10.Give a specific value of theta such that cos(theta)= -sq. root(1-sin^2(theta)) and determine the value of both sides to verify your claim. with explanation.
11.Prove the idenity: (tan^2(theta) OVER Sec(theta) +1 = sec(theta) -1. with explanation.
12. Prove the Pythagorean idenity (so don't assume it for this problem) sin^2 (theta) + cos^2 (theta)= 1 by using the sum/difference formulas for sine/cosine (pick what is appropraite). with explanation.
13. Use the appropriate sum/difference formulas to prove the idenity: tan(theta + 45°)= (1+tan(theta)) OVER (1-tan(theta). with explanation.
14. Use the appropriate sum/difference formulas to find the ecaxt value of cos(105°). with explanation.
15. Use the addition/subtraction formulas for tangent to prove that pi OVER 4= tan^-1(3/2) + tan^-1 (1/5). with explanation.
16. Prove the idenity: sin(theta) + cos(theta)=(Sq root 2) sin(theta + 45°). with explanation.
- Math- Trig - Reiny, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 9:40pm
Woahh Crystal, that is now how this site works
We do not do your assignment for you.
Pick one problem, tell us what particular problem you have with it, and what you have done so far, and I am sure somebody will guide you further.
- Math- Trig - Anonymous, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 11:57pm
sorry, wasnt thinking- i shouldve put what i was wanting help with- i mainly just want help figureing out how to put it in my calculator, and im not sure what type of explanation to give.
- Math- Trig - Steve, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:18am
not knowing which calculator yu have, it's hard to say.
Any explanation given here will probably be less detailed than what you will find in your user's manual for the calculator. RTFM.
- Math- Trig - Crystal, Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 10:33am
I have the TI-84 Plus Silver edition
Answer this Question
Algebra II - Multiple Choice (theta) means the symbol 0 with the dash in it. 1.)...
math - Determine exact value of cos(cos^-1(19 pi)). is this the cos (a+b)= cos a...
advanced functions - Angle a lies in the second quadrant and sina=7/25. a) ...
Trig - 1. Establish the identity: sin(theta+3pi/2)=-cos(theta) 2. Find the exact...
math - Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give a number and an ...
math - determine the exact value of (cot pi/3) + (csc pi/3) / (cos pi/4). how is...
MATH - 1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible: (PLEASE SHOW ALL ...
math - Determine the values of sin, cos, tan, csc, sec and cot at (-3, -3) on ...
Math - 1. Find the exact value of 2tan pi/12 / 1-tan^2 pi/12 root 3/3? 2. Given ...
math - Use the exact values of the sin, cos and tan of pi/3 and pi/6, and the ...