Posted by Angie on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 7:48pm.
The following problem must be solved 3 different ways in which X=smallest angle for problem 1. Problem 2 would be X=medium sized angle. Problem 3 would start with X=largest angle. I was able to figure out X=smallest angle, but I am stumped on the other 2 as to how to set it up.
In a triangle the measure of the medium-sized angle is 3 times the measure of the smallest angle and half the measure of the largest angle. What are the measures of the 3 angles?
- Algebra - Reiny, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 8:34pm
I will do the first, and start you off on the second
smallest angle -- x
medium-sized angle -- 3x
larges angle --- 6x
x + 3x + 6x = 180
10x = 180
x = 18
3x = 54
6x = 108 , not 108+54+18 = 180
medium sized angle = x
small angle = (1/3)x
large angle = 2x
x + (1/3)x + 2x = 180
multiply by 3
3x + x + 6x = 540
10x = 540
x = 54
(1/3)x = 18
2x = 108 , notice we got the same answers
you do the 3rd way.
- Algebra - Angie, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 8:56pm
Reiny...yes, thank you. I appreciate the help so much. I did have the some work-up for X=smallest angle. Thanks for starting me out for the next 2 angles.
Answer this Question
- Algebra - The measure of the largest angle of a certain triangle is 6 times the ...
- intermediate algebra - A triangle is such that the largest angle is 11 times ...
- intermediate algebra - A triangle is such that the largest angle is 11 times the...
- Math - I need help with the following problem: Directions: Express each answer ...
- Calculus I - Problem: A hot air balloon rising straight up from a level field is...
- Physics - I was given a problem that has a triangle shape, which two sides ...
- geometry - In a triangle ABC, angle B is 3 times angle A and angle C is 8 ...
- Physics - I believe this is a projectile motion problem with the angle = 0 ...
- Geometry - answer to a two column proof problem such as Given: angle 1 and angle...
- Triangles - the measure of angle 1 is twice the measure of angle 2. the measure ...