Posted by BreAnne on Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:02am.
can I please have help with these 3 questions?
1. Solve this equation graphically on the interval [0, 2ð]. list the solutions.
2. solve sin x cos x= sqrt3/4
3. solve tan^2 x-3tan x+2=0
thank you! show step by step please.
- Trig - Reiny, Friday, April 13, 2012 at 7:47am
sinxcosx = √3/4
2sinxcosx = √3/2
sin(2x) = √3/2
2x = 60° or 2x = 120°
x = 30° or x = 60°
period of sin 2x is 180°
so other solutions
x = 30 + k(180) and x = 60 + k(180) degrees , where k is an inter
x = π/6 + kπ or x = π/3 + kπ
3. let tanx = t
you have t^2 - 3t + 2 = 0
(t-2)(t-1) = 0
t = 2 or t = -1
tanx = 2 -----> two answers in domain 0≤x≤2π
tanx = -1 ---> two answers in domain 0 ≤ x ≤ 2
give it a try
- Trig - BreAnne, Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 11:04pm
thank you so much!
Answer this Question
- trig - please help me with some questions I skipped on a review for our test ...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Trigonometry desperate help, clueless girl here - 2. solve cos 2x-3sin x cos 2x...
- MathsSs triG - Consider sin(x-360)sin(90-x)tan(-x)/cos(90+x) 1.A.SIMPLIFY sin(x-...
- Trigonometry - 1.Solve tan^2x + tan x – 1 = 0 for the principal value(s) to two ...
- Math-Trig - 1. Create an algebraic expression for sin(arccosx-arcsin3x) 2. The ...
- precalculus - For each of the following determine whether or not it is an ...
- Pre-calculus help - I have two problems I am stuck on, if you could show me how ...
- Trig/PreCalc - Teach me how to express 5sqrt3 - 5i in polar form please. I don't...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...