Posted by saranghae12 on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 9:11pm.
Ok I was wondering if you could check these 3 problems please. I am suppose to set these equations equal but I am not sure if did them right. I think I accidently solved these systems as substitutions. The answers are suppose to be in coordinate pairs.
1) x - y = 11
-3x + y = -21
I got (5,-16)
2) 5x - 4y = 17
-10x + 4y = -42
I got (5,3)
3) x + 3y = -1
3x + 3y = 15
I got (4,1)
Please check if i did it correctly please. thank you
7th grade math check - MathGuru, Friday, April 13, 2012 at 7:13pm
Check your solutions with both equations. If your solutions don't fit both, then your answers need to be reworked. For example, using the solution you have for 1):
x = 5
y = -16
5 - (-16) = 11 -->false
-3(5) - 16 = -21 -->false
Solution for this system should be (5,-6).
5 - (-6) = 11 -->true
-3(5) - 6 = -21 -->true
Try the others again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - Find the values of x for which the line y=2x intersects the ...
- Math (Check) - The equation y = a^x is a decreasing function a = 1) 1 2) 2 3) -3...
- Math-PLEASE check my answers - What types of problems can be solved using the ...
- 7th grade math - Can you check these problems? 1. 4x^2 + 3x - 4x +5 = 4x^2 - x...
- Math - CAN SOMEONE CHECK MY ANSWERS PLEASE? What types of problems can be solved...
- MAT 7th GRADE - Please help. Will someone please check the answer to these ...
- third grade math - how do you check addition problems by adding up? Let's use ...
- grade 9 math slope equations - question: slove by comparison and check your ...
- MATH 7th GRADE - Would someone please be kind enough to check the answers for ...
- 7th grade Math - can someone please check this for me. Be sure to round to the ...