Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 8:19pm.
What would be the diffrence in earning between simple and compound interest if your initial balance was $1,000 rather than $100?
What would be the diffrence in earnings between simple and compound interest on your $100 saving after five years?
MY ANWER: there won't be a diffrence.
I have no idea how to do this I'm just guessing..
Understanding interest rates - Steve, Friday, April 13, 2012 at 12:48pm
Naturally, there must be some difference, or there would be no need for two different terms.
If you invest $1000 at simple interest, say 5%, then every year you collect $50 interest, or 5% of $1000.
A chart of principal and interest for a few years would look like:
. . .
However, with compound interest, when the interest is paid, it becomes part of the principal for the next year. So, its chart would look like
. . .
as you can see, compound interest grows faster than simple interest.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - I was wondering if I could check my answers with someone. I'm a...
- social studies - 1)An interest rate is a special type of? a. loan b. price c. ...
- computer science - When $1000 is deposit at 5% simple interest, the amount grows...
- Visual Basic 2008 Programming - Help! I'm not sure how to start or how calculate...
- SS - Rohan has 100 dollars that he wants to save in a bank. Bank A offers two ...
- MATH HELP! Complex Interest - Huan deposited $850 into a collegesavings account ...
- math - Huan deposited $850 into a collegesavings account earning 4.8% ...
- Math - Find the difference between the simple interest and compound interest on ...
- Lat math question for some days. Can y'all help? - Huan deposited $850 into a ...
- math - how much money would have to be invested in an account at 3.98% annual ...