Posted by kevin on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 10:21am.
an appeal to logic--(persuasive appeals)
the emotions that a speaker demonstrates towards his or her subject--(pathos)
an appeal to the credibilty of the speaker--(ethos)
an appeal to a sense of right or wrong--(logos)
devices in a speech that seek to convince an audience(tone0
please check my ansers
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 10:24am
Read carefully and rethink your answers.
- english (notificatins) - kevin, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 10:36am
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 10:45am
I have no idea what A, B, C, D, and E are referring to.
Please list the definition next to the term so they make sense.
- english (notificatins) - kevin, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:09am
persuasive appeals--devices in a speech that seek to convince an audience
tone--the emotion that a speaker demonstrares towards his or her subject
ethos--an appeal to the credibility of the speaker
pathos--an appeal to a sense of right or wrong
logos--an appeal to logic
Had to match word with meaning
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:25am
Your definitions for ethos, logos, and tone are correct.
pathos = emotions <~~how will you use that definition?
- english (notificatins) - bobpursley, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:31am
I think in general audiences, emotion plays an important part. Ever been to a political rally?
- english (notificatins) - kevin, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:42am
Thank you for the help
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 12:02pm
You're very welcome. It's not an easy subject, that's for sure!
Answer this Question
- english - persuasive appeals (A) tone (D) ethos (E) pathos (B) logos (C) A) an ...
- english - A-the dictionary definition of a word B-making assertions about a ...
- English Essays - Can someone please find me essays describing ethos, pathos, ...
- english - 1. The element of argumentation that deals with the listeners desire ...
- martin luther king speech "i have a dream" - the counterargument, rebuttal of ...
- English - I need help annotating an essay that I got. I need help finding ...
- Philosophy - Please help answer these questions Argument: Anything is possible ...
- Government US - What is the greatest restriction on appeals in the United States...
- HELP! LANG ARTS?? - Which of the following best describes the persuasive appeal ...
- INFORMAL LOGIC phi:103 - "THOMAS JEFFERSON OWNED SLAVES, SO SLAVERY MUST HAVE ...