Posted by whale on .
Hydrogen Peroxide decomposes to produce oxygen gas and water, What mass of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) nust decompose to produce 0.77 grams of water?
Just follow the steps in this worked example.
1. Write a balanced equation :
2. Find the molar mass (g/mol) of each:
34.02 32.00 18.02
3. Divide grams water by the molar mass of water:
.77g (1mol/18.02g) ~ .0427 mols
4. Use the mole ratios to find the number of hydrogen peroxide moles:
2H^2O^2---O^2+ 2H^2O; they are the same.
5. Multiply moles by molar mass of hydrogen peroxide.
.0427 mol (34.02g/1mol)