Posted by Jenny on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 3:55pm.
1. If we can meet with the patient and he / him / himself, we can discuss possible alternative treatments.
2. An argument between her boyfriend and her / she resulted in the latest injury.
3. The patient’s son is taller than he / him / himself.
4. When the husband and wife arrived, he was in more pain than her / she.
5. The assessment and plan was / were discussed with the patient.
6. Mumps are / is a common childhood disease.
7. A person as young as her / herself / she should not have symptoms of depression.
8. He did not know who / whom / whomever to see about the testicular pain.
9. No one is more aware of the seriousness of the condition than he / him / himself.
grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 4:23pm
3, 6, and 7 are wrong.
In 3 and 7, you need the subject pronoun because the implied meaning is "than she is.
Mumps is a singular noun.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - 1. An argument between her boyfriend and her / she resulted in the ...
- English - Writeacher, Can you please check these sentences. I urgently need to ...
- Math - A boy is dividing M&Ms between himself and his sister. He gives 2 to his ...
- english - Which sentence below contains a dangling modifier? Keeping to himself...
- English - Is there a difference among the following sentences, Writeacher? Thank...
- Grammar - Between the mother and __________, there was already a long history of...
- ENGLISH Literature - What does the narrator in "The Secret Sharer means when he ...
- Grammar - Question 1- Between the mother and __________, there was already a ...
- statistics - n=15 and there are 3 groups These data are analyzed by an ANOVA, ...
- Grammar - Tell whether the underlined word in each sentence is reflexive or ...