Posted by Rezu on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:38pm.
Each day life becomes a little more difficult.Northern forces have blockaded our ports.Now we are unable to ship our goods and make a living. Most people around here plant cotton and tobacco to sell. We depend on those sales.We are doing our best to get by,but it is getting harder and harder.Northern states are no longer shipping us goods,of course.And the goods Europe tries to ship to us are being stopped by the Union blockade.
Philip's parents have a small vegetabale garden,so we are not hungry.We have meat one a week,but we consider ourselves lucky.Some of our neighbors are getting by with much less.We share what we can,but the lack of goods will soon create terrible shortages.The blockage seems cruel.
What is the main idea of these paragraphs?
F.Southerners should have planted other crops besides cotton and tobacco
G.The blockage is creating hardships and shortages in the South
H.Vegetable gardens are making life easier for the Southerners
J.Southerners are helping each other get through hard times
Reading - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:41pm
Reading - Rezu, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:45pm
From these paragraphs it shows that the blockage
A.the blockage will probaly end soon
B.the blockage will not suceed in hurting the South
C.a bloackge is an unfair strategy in the war
D.a blockage is a quick way to end the conflict
Reading - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:49pm
Reading - Rezu, Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 5:50pm
Ok, Thanks to both of you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Please checked my grammar about how I described those quote. THank U ...
- Personal Finance - The global economy seems to be in a debt crisis. The National...
- geology(science) does this sound ok? - write a 200-300 word description of how ...
- SAT essay - Please scores my essay Thanks so much!!! Assignment: Do newspapers, ...
- social psychology - Throughout our lives, we are measured by the people and ...
- Social Psychology - Throughout our lives, we are measured by the people and ...
- English - Ck:And list errors that need to be correct We all have been through ...
- U.S.History - these are reasons from a group of African Americans living in NC ...
- Grade 12 English - Could you please review for me. Thank you The past has a hold...
- Essay - This is the edited version! The economy has changed everything that we ...