Posted by ashley on Monday, April 2, 2012 at 8:31pm.
systems of linear equations in 3 variables
- algebra - Charlie, Monday, April 2, 2012 at 8:46pm
Mult 1st eq by 3; x-2y+3z = 0
Mult 2nd eq by 4: 2x - 3y + 4z = 1
Add 2nd and 3rd: -4y+5z = 2
Mut 1st by 2: 2x-4y + 6z = 0
Add that answer and 3rd eq: -5y + 7z = 1
5(-4y + 5z = 2) + -4(-5y + 7z = 1)
-20y + 25z = 10 + 20y - 28z = -4
z = -2
Sub into the 1st eq: x - 2y -6 =0
Sub into the 3rd eq: -2x-y-2 = 1
2(x-2y = 6) + (-2x-y=3)
2x - 4y = 12 + -2x -y = 3
y = -3
sub into the 3rd eq
-2x -(-3) +(-2) = 1
-2x +1 = 1
x = 0
- algebra - bobpursley, Monday, April 2, 2012 at 8:51pm
It might be easier if you
a) multiplied the first equation by 3
b) the second equation by 4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - I do not know how to solve the following systems of linear equations ...
- Algebra - Solving systems of linear equations in 3 variables... 1) 3x-2y+2z=1 2...
- Algebra 2 - Solving systems of linear equations in three variables. Ok so i don'...
- algebra - Can anyone help me to understand algebra? Right now I am working on ...
- algebra - systems of linear equations in 3 variables 1/3x-2/3y+z=0 1/2x-3/4y+z=1...
- Math - PLEASE CHACK MY ANSWER!!! Discussion for Applications of Linear Systems ...
- Algebra I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO 3 VARIABLES - Solving Linear Equations and ...
- College Algebra - Translate the problem into a pair of linear equations in two ...
- Algebra II - Right now we're doing systems of Linear Equations in Three ...
- Linear Algebra - Express the solutions of the following systems in terms of the ...