Posted by Lavern on Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 2:20pm.
math problem - Steve, Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 2:27pm
Sure, we'll help. Where do you get stuck?
math problem - Lavern, Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 2:47pm
i have no clue how to solve
math problem - Reiny, Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 3:50pm
you probably have a square root sign in there somewhere, but
do you mean
√(9x+67) = x+5 or
√(9x) + 67 = x+5 ?
hint: square both sides of the equation.
math problem - Steve, Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 7:16pm
If I asked you to solve
√x = 5
could you solve that?
Sure. You'd just say
x = 5^2 = 25
same thing here
√9x+67 = x+5
9x+67 = (x+5)^2
expand the right side, collect terms, and solve the quadratic.
If that mystifies you, you're in big trouble. See someone in person for help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Solve. ã9x+81=x+5 this is my answer:x=35+3ã61/2,35-3ã61/2 is this ...
- English - 1. He can not solve the math problem. 2. He cannot solve the math ...
- 5th grade math - Which answer shows data with a range of 49? A. 45,69,92,59 B. ...
- Math - You are a letter and now your in a math problem explain to the numbers ...
- MATH - in a contest, Bello. Adamu, and Lawi are asked to solve a mathematical ...
- math - i don't get how to do this problem mrs. sue please help how would you ...
- Algebra - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- geometric - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- math,correction please - Problem #1 Solve by completing the square 2x^2-4x-11=0 ...
- mat/116 - Will someone please help me slove this problem? Use the elimination ...