Posted by Jane on Friday, March 30, 2012 at 9:58pm.
In which sentence is ceased used inappropriately and why:
A. After the rain ceased, the sun came out.
B. When the teacher told us to be quiet, we ceased talking.
C. When we were full, we ceased eating.
D. When it got cold, we ceased wearing our jackets.
Is it "A?" If so, why?
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 30, 2012 at 10:04pm
No, it's not A. That sentence uses "ceased" correctly.
Read each sentence very carefully and think about it.
I didn't see the answer at first until it rose up and hit me!
- English - Jane, Friday, March 30, 2012 at 10:23pm
it must be "D."
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 30, 2012 at 10:32pm
Yes. LOL! We don't STOP wearing jackets when it gets cold!
- English - Anonymous, Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 9:32pm
In which sentence is ceased used inappropriately?
a. After the rain ceased, the sun came out.
b. When the teacher told us to be quiet, we ceased talking.
c. When we were full, we ceased eating.
d. When it got cold, we ceased wearing our jackets.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- professional social and interpersonal health care - Arlen says that brain dead ...
- English - Can you please check these two sentences, please? Thank you 1) Nature ...
- PEOPLE, SCIENCE, AND THE ENVIRONMENT - . If all life ceased on Earth, how ...
- LAL - CHECK PLEASE are theses ALL complex sentences? 1.i will help you with your...
- Language Arts 8th grade - Archaic-that which has ceased to be used except for ...
- English - Could you please explain to me why the first sentence is wrong? How ...
- Chemistry/Redox Reactions - An electrochemical cell consists of a nickel metal ...
- 6th Geography - which of the following is an accurate statement about the ...
- Physics Check - A ball is rolling across the top of a billiard table and slowly ...
- English - In the following sentence, is it correct to use came or went, in a ...