Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 9:12pm.
Brian is 26 years oldr than his daughter Kim. The sum of their ages is twice the differences of their ages. Find theri ages.
- Algebra - Anonymous, Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 9:50pm
1. Lets set
Brian's age= x
Kim's age =y
2."Brian is 26 years oldr than his daughter Kim."
So, if Brian was 26 years younger, thier age would be equal:
y=x-26 ( is our first equation)
3. "The sum of their ages is twice the differences of their ages."
Which means: x+y = 2(x-y)
(sum of ages) (Twice diff age)
Solving, we change the "y" in the bottom of step 3 into x-26 and get:
x+y= 2( x-y)
Since y= x-26,
y= 39 -26
So Kim's age is 13 and Brian's age is 39
Hope this helps :D
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - brian is 26 years older than his daughter kim. the sum of their ages ...
- algebra - the sum of to kim and tony's ages is 42, the difference in their ages ...
- algebra - The present ages in years of four cousins are consecutive multiples of...
- AED - give an example of what a child would go through physically with each ...
- ALG 2! plz help urgent!! - 1.)Four times a certain number is the same as the ...
- algebra - The difference between the ages of two friends is 2 years. The sum of ...
- Math alg2! - 1.)Mike is 5 years more than twice as old as Tom. The sum of their ...
- maths - A woman is now 4 times older than her daughter.Six years ago,the product...
- early childhood education - your budget allows you to purchase only one math ...
- business - Your budjet allows you to purchase only one math software package for...