Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 11:53am.
8. The modernist movement challenged American writers to
a. adopt Marxism as a philosophical basis for their work
b. set their stories and poems in the South or Midwest
c. find new themes, subjects, and styles for their work
d. avoid the influences and ideas of European writers
C or D?
11. In "The Death of the Hired Man", the characters' feelings are revealed by
a. how the character reacts to death
b. the characters' different definitions of work
c. the observation of the third-person narrator
d. what the characters say to one another
12. Which of the following sentences best states the main idea of "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"?
a. Them modern world has no need of intellectual people
b. Modern life is spiritually bankrupt
c. In modern times, heroes are not needed
d. Modern people are generous and kind
14. In "Winter Dreams", Dexter Green can best be describes as
a. ambitious and full of desires
b. judgmental and comical
c. courageous and helpful
d. honest and trustworthy
15. Why is it paradoxical that Judy's smile has "no root in mirth, or even amusement"?
a. Her smile is an invitation to be kissed
b. She smiles at the chicken livers and at Dexter
c. Smiles usually indicate happiness
d. Her smile is an indication of her boredom
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English 3 - 8. The modernist movement challenged American writers to a. adopt ...
- English - 1. Consider the poems, short stories, and autobiographical pieces you ...
- English Poetry - What are the similarities and differences of the poems ...
- English - Consider the poems, short stories, and autobiographical pieces you ...
- English - Hi, I really need help and I want to do very good on the test! I have ...
- Native American Literature - What themes were predominant in the writings of the...
- English - Compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers from the ...
- english - After completing the required readings for this week, discuss how you ...
- English - Can someone help me with this? Thank you! Prompt A: Compare and ...
- english 10 - Prompt A: compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers ...