Posted by kelly on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 10:22pm.
A cylinder shaped sculpture is 24 meters high with a diameter of 6.8 meters. An artist plans to spray paint the entire surface with silver paint. If 1 can of spray paint covers 50 square meters, how many cans does the artist need to paint the sculpture?
- math - PsyDAG, Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 8:16pm
Area of circle = πr^2
Perimeter of a circle = 2πr
Diameter = 2r
Paint needed = (2πr^2 + 24[2πr])/50
I'll let you do the calculations.
- math - Samantha (Sam), Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 6:38pm
- math - Samantha (Sam), Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 6:39pm
- math - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 4:48pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A partly-full paint can has 0.40 gallons of paint left in it. (a) What...
- Physics - A partly-full paint can has 0.83 U.S. gallons of paint left in it. (a...
- physic - A partly-full paint can has 0.66 U.S. gallons of paint left in it. (a) ...
- maths - A roof section of a house is a large triangle. it measures 6.4 meters at...
- math question grade 8!! - shelby wants to paint the walls and ceiling of a ...
- Physics - A) A partly full paint can has 0.747 U.S. gallons of paint left in it...
- Geometry - A gallon of paint costs $20 and covers 465 square feet. Three coats ...
- Algebra - Jena wants to paint the walls in her square shaped bedroom. each wall...
- pre-algrebra - melind wants to paint the exterior lateral surface of her house. ...
- consumer math - You wish to paint a storage shed. Its four walls measure 7 ft. ...