Posted by Brittney Hoang on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 10:16pm.
A circle of center (-3 , -2) passes through the points (0 , -6) and (a , 0). Find a.
The triangle bounded by the lines y = 0, y = 2x and y = -0.5x + k, with k positive, is equal to 80 square units. Find k.
When the polynomial P(x) = x3 + 3x2 -2Ax + 3, where A is a constant, is divided by x2 + 1 we get a remainder equal to -5x. Find A.
And would like to see work that can justify the answer. Thank you!
- Advanced Math - MathMate, Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 10:46pm
find the radius r which corresponds to the distance between (-3,-2) and (0,-6). Then
(-3-a)^2+(-2-0)^2 = r^2
y=0 is horizontal (1)
y=2x (2) is a line through the origin sloping upwards
y=-0.5x+k (3) is a line sloping downwards with x-intercept: -0.5x+k=0, or x=2k.
You'll need to find the intercept between lines (2) and (3) and determine the height of the triangle.
This means that (x^2+1) divides P(x)-5x, or
P(x)-5x = (x^2+1)(x+3)=
P(x)=x^3+3*x^2+x+3 + 5x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Advanced Math - Write the standard form of the equation of a circle that passes ...
- Equations of a Circle - Write the standard for of the equation of the circle ...
- Math (urgent) - the equation x^2+y^=25 describes a circle with center at the ...
- Math - Write the standard for of the equation of the circle that passes through ...
- Algebra II - Find the radius and center of the circle which passes through the ...
- MATH!!!! - A triangle with side lengths 26, 28, and 30 is constructed so that ...
- math_pre-calc - Find the equation of a circle that passes through the points (6,...
- Advanced Math - write the equation of the circle that satisfies each set of ...
- Math 101 - Find the equation for each of the following items below: a. A line ...
- math - can u help this the qustion is : A circle passes through the points (1,4...