Posted by SoccerStar on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:42pm.
tell which letter is a correct answer to the questions. a question may have more than one right answer.
Which of the following can be inflamed?
a. a wound
b. a menu
c. an interrogation
d. a congregation
(I know for sure an answer is 'a' but I'm wondering if c and/or d is an answer as well)
Which of the following might act in a servile manner?
a. a sage
b. a dignitary
c. a patriarch
d. a slave
(I know letter 'd' is an answer but I was wondering if 'a' could also be an answer.)
- language arts - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:46pm
For the first one, a and d for sure -- and maybe c, depending on context.
For the second one, the only answer is d. Do you know what a sage is?
- language arts - Ness, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:48pm
for the first question i believe the answer to be both 'c' and 'd'
- language arts - Ness, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:49pm
i agree with Writeacher on the second question. the answer is 'd'
- language arts - SoccerStar, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:50pm
Yes, it means a person known for wisdom and good judgment. Since servile means like a slave; excessively humble, I thought a sage could be humble.
On the first one, I think that it may not be c because an actual interrogation cannot be excited or angered, can it?
- language arts - Ness, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:51pm
in a way an interrogation can be heated. emotionally and physically that is.
- language arts - SoccerStar, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:55pm
Okay, I think I understand. I have one more question, of the same type of the previous two.
Which of the following is an overt action?
a. digesting dinner
b. keeping a secret
c. ordering dinner
d. handing out tracts
(I know the answer is d, but I was also wondering if c would work, too)
- language arts - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 4:04pm
An overt action is one that can be seen by others. So yes, c and d can be the answers.
- language arts - Ness, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 4:10pm
'C' can work too. both 'c' and 'd' can be seen openly. not 'a' and 'b'
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistic - Quiz has 6 questions. Each question has five possible answers, only ...
- drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
- language arts - I've got one more collective noun question to make sure I'm ...
- 7th grade language arts last question plz Ms. Sue - 2. Which of the following ...
- wordly wise - circle the letter or letters of each correct answer. which of the ...
- General- In need of advice - I am in need of blatant advice. I believe certain ...
- Statistics - On a very short quiz, there is one multiple choice question with 5 ...
- creative writing- please help - Please help me- I signed up for a creative ...
- Language Arts - I have a Language Arts review crossword, and one hint is "...
- children growing up - language development is initially triggered a.socially b....