I left out a few sentences. Could you please check them? Thank you.
7) During William of Orange's reign a number of laws were introduced, which were to fix the course of modern Parliamentary England. The Bill of Rights established that no decisions could be taken (by the monarch) without the consent of the Parliament.
8) The Toleration Act granted reasonable freedom of religion. The Act of Settlement established that only Protestants could inherit (were eligible to inherit) the throne.
9) With the Act of Union, which was passed in 1707, the English and Scottish Parliament were reunited.
Only Protestants could access the throne (Is "access" possible?)
10) A new job was offered to him by the manager. He was offered a new job.
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 3:04pm
9. "English and Scottish Parliaments" -- two = plural
Only Protestants could succeed to the throne. (The word "access" doesn't fit what you mean here.)
Everything else is fine.