Posted by Matthew on Monday, March 26, 2012 at 4:48pm.
I still have a few doubts on a few sentences. Thank you very much, Writeacher.
1) I need to write an example containing the verb "awake/awoke/awoken". Could you please help me?
2) Do you remember when/why/the reason for which/ the place in which/ how/ the way in which Mary fell off the horse?
Forget all/everything that I told you.
He was interviewed by three companies, all of which offered him a job.
3) I sent out two letters, neither of which arrived. (neither is usally followed by a singular or plural form?)
I ordered two books, both of which arrived within a week.
4) However I tried, I couldn't get in touch with her. Is "however" the only possibility?
I wish the weather were better!
5) You needn't have phoned me. (You phoned me though it wasn't necessary).
Mary complained to the teacher because he always gives her too much homework.
6) Mary complained to the teacher about his (him) giving too much homework.
You can come whenever you want ("to" I don't know when to include "to").
7) He is going to England in order to/so as to improve his English/so that he will improve his English.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 26, 2012 at 4:57pm
1. They were awakened by all the thunder and lightning.
She awoke at dawn.
The baby woke up because he was hungry.
(Since "awoken" has always sounded so wrong to me, I never use it!)
3. (neither is singular)
4. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get in touch with her.
6. Use "his" not "him" before a gerund.
You can use "to" or not, whichever you wish.
Answer this Question
English - I still have a few doubts on sentences you checked yesterday. 1) I did...
English - Thank you. I still have a few doubts. So both sentences are correct: 1...
English - I still have a few more doubts. 1) Thank you for being so quick in ...
English - I still have a few doubts on the use of to/at/in after have been. ...
English - I still have a few more doubts. Could you check the following phrases ...
English - I have a few more doubts. Thank you. 1) I keep fit by doing exercise ...
English - I still have a few doubts. Thank you very much for helping me. 1) I'm ...
Business Communication - Which way of asking for action carries the highest ...
English - I still have a few doubts. I hope you can have a look at them, too 1)...
English - I still have some doubts and a few sentences to check I can't ...