posted by Matthew on .
Could you please check my sentences, please? Thank you, Writeacher.
1) You can't get out of it: you must confess that you have broken the vase.
We were having dinner when the lights went out.
2) The teacher invited me to look up the unknown words in the dictionary.
3) Would you mind if I turned down the volume on the radio?
She had me turn up the radio because she wanted to hear the news.
4) I have my children looked after by a babysitter twice a week.
The doctor told me I'd better cut down on the amount of chocolate I eat every day.
5) If he hadn't forgotten to turn down the gas, he wouldn't have burned the rice.
All are fine ... super! =)