Posted by ROSE on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 10:36pm.
A hardware supplier manufactures three kinds of clamps, type A, B, and C. Production restrictions force it to make 20 more type C clamps than the total of the other types and twice as many as B clamps as type A clamps. The shop must produce 380 clamps per day. How many of each type are made per day? How many type A clamps are produced?
- ALGEBRA - MathMate, Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 8:56am
"three kinds of clamps, type A, B, and C"
Let A,B,C represent the number of each.
"20 more type C clamps than the total of the other types"
"twice as many as B clamps as type A clamps."
"produce 380 clamps per day"
So in summary, the equations are:
This can be solved by successive substitution as follows:
A=2B => C=(2B)+B+20=3B+20
Substitute A and C in the first equation
(2B) + B + (3B+20) = 380
Solve for B:
A=2B = 120
Check: A+B+C=120+60+200=380 OK.
Answer this Question
- ALGEBRA - A hardware supplier manufactures three kinds of clamps, types A, B, ...
- math - Hey I need some help with this problem. Any ideas on how to solve it? ...
- math - A hardware supplier manufactures three kinds of fasteners, type A,B and C...
- Algebra (Please check) - PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS (: I just want to make sure I ...
- Algebra (Need help desperately) - I really dont understand these.. can someone ...
- mathematics - seeds of type A and type B are sold in packets, each must contain ...
- Algebra - you are about to take a test that contain questions of type A worth 4 ...
- Math - How do you set this problem up to solve and how do you solve this? Ellen ...
- Science - Human blood type is determined by co-dominant alleles. There are three...
- math (urgent help needed) - Seeds of type A and type B are sold in a packet each...