Posted by Matthew on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:38pm.
Can you please check of these sentencesa are possible? Thank you.
1) When will you get around to phoning me?
2) He forgot to switch the gas off and he burned the cake.
3) His mother took a day off to drive him to the beach.
4) Peter got at his brother for scolding him ( telling him off, ticking him off) in public.
5)Some students are taken on
If a person works at a career, it is the prospects of promotion and development opportunities that motivate him or her most.
6) I'm afraid I'm coming down with flu.
7)The teapot came apart in my hands and I burned myself.
8) The teacher let us off the hook. I don't have any homework for tomorrow.
(the teacher didn't give (assign) us any homework.
9 His career took off when he started writing books.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:46pm
1 - 3 = OK
4. I'm not sure what "got at" means; the rest of the sentence and alternatives are fine.
5. I'm not sure what the first sentence means.
Smoother phrasing: If a person works at a career for a long time, the prospects of promotion and development opportunites motivate him or her most.
6. ... the flu.
Answer this Question
- English - Writeacher, could you please check my post, I need to prepare for ...
- English - Could you please check these phrasal verbs i'm unsure of? thank you. 1...
- English - Can you please check these sentences? I just need to know if they are ...
- Math - I have a square cake. The cake is iced on top and all the sides. I need ...
- electromagnetism - A series RLC circuit is connected to a a DC battery via a ...
- English - Here are the other sentences.Thank you. 1) She took on responsibility ...
- English - I left out a few things. Thank you very much for helping me. 1) ...
- English - I need to revise these sentences. Can you please help me? 1) What ...
- English - Thank you very much. Here is the second list of verbs I'd like you to ...
- english - I NEED HELP WRITING A PROCESS PARAGRAPH ON HOW TO MAKE A CAKE AND I ...