Posted by Matthew on Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:38pm.
Can you please check of these sentencesa are possible? Thank you.
1) When will you get around to phoning me?
2) He forgot to switch the gas off and he burned the cake.
3) His mother took a day off to drive him to the beach.
4) Peter got at his brother for scolding him ( telling him off, ticking him off) in public.
5)Some students are taken on
If a person works at a career, it is the prospects of promotion and development opportunities that motivate him or her most.
6) I'm afraid I'm coming down with flu.
7)The teapot came apart in my hands and I burned myself.
8) The teacher let us off the hook. I don't have any homework for tomorrow.
(the teacher didn't give (assign) us any homework.
9 His career took off when he started writing books.
English - Writeacher, Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 7:46pm
1 - 3 = OK
4. I'm not sure what "got at" means; the rest of the sentence and alternatives are fine.
5. I'm not sure what the first sentence means.
Smoother phrasing: If a person works at a career for a long time, the prospects of promotion and development opportunites motivate him or her most.
6. ... the flu.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Here are the other sentences.Thank you. 1) She took on responsibility ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences? I just need to know if they are ...
- English - Could you please check these other sentences? They are the last on the...
- English - Thank you very much. I need you to check these sentences. 1) My father...
- English - Writeacher, could you please check my post, I need to prepare for ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Could you please check ...
- English - Could you please check these phrasal verbs i'm unsure of? thank you. 1...
- English - I need to write sentences using specific phrasal verbs. I need to knwo...
- Art - Can you please check if the following sentences are correct? Thank you. 1...
- English - Give yoiur mother the day off on Mother's Day. Let your mother sleep ...