Posted by Shawna on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 7:46am.
BUSINESS LETTER ASSIGNMENT
Assigment: write a business letter according to the background.
Background:Assume that you’ve worked for the last five years as an
administrative assistant for the Human Resources Department
of Broadworth General Hospital. The Director of Human
Resources, Miriam Hopkins, has charged you with organizing
a two-hour training seminar to be attended by the hospital’s
20 office supervisors. The seminar should cover sexual
harassment and unlawful discrimination in the workplace.
For the last 20 years, the hospital has contracted all training
through the nationally acclaimed Wydade Consulting
Services. Jeremy Dittmer, employee relations specialist, is
manager of the local branch of Wydade. He requires a threemonth
advance notice regarding any training Broadworth
needs so he can supply an appropriate trainer and any materials
that may be required. This is the first time you’ve dealt
directly with Mr. Dittmer.You must also make all necessary arrangements for the seminar, including time, date,
a room at the hospital for training, any resources the trainer needs, any materials those
who attend might need, and light refreshments for a 15-minute break.
Process:1. Create the necessary details for this scenario—for example, your title, the mailing
addresses for the hospital and consulting firm, the dates, the kinds of training
materials used, and so on.
2. Using either full block or modified block, draft a letter to Mr. Dittmer to set up the
seminar. Your letter must have at least two paragraphs and at least eight complete
sentences. Include the following items in your letter:
a. Thanks for the company’s reliable support
b. An explanation of the training need and any special topics to cover
c. A request for a trainer to teach the seminar
d. A request for a list of resources the trainer will need
BROADWORTH GENERAL HOSPITAL
6551 Cavendish Blvd.
Burlington, VT 05672-0882
March 21, 2012
Employee Relations Specialist
Wydade Consulting Services
1918 Church St.
Burlington, VT 05672-0752
RE: Trainer request for hospital seminar
Dear Mr. Dittmer:
I am writing to you today to request a trainer for our seminar on sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination in the workplace for twenty of our office supervisors. Our company would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for Wydade’s reliable support in offering most of Broadworth’s training needs for the past 20 years.
We would like the seminar to be held on the 14th of September 2012 at 10 am. The seminar is to be two hours long with a 15-minute break where refreshments will be provided. It will be held in our conference room on the first floor in room 105. The topics we need to be covered for this seminar are ways to prevent, cope with, and report such harassment. At your convenience could you please send me a list of resources the trainer will need in order to make this seminar a success. I would also need to know what our supervisors should bring along with them to the seminar.
If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at 802-585-8668.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business writing - I have to write a business letter, a memo and an e-mail on ...
- Bussiness - Assigment: write a business letter according to the background. ...
- business letter - can you check for me? Thanks Assigment: write a business ...
- Types of Business Writing - Assigment: write a business letter according to the ...
- Types Of Business Writing - Assigment: write a business letter according to the ...
- English 8R - Business Letter Assignment Help! - I have this assignment for my ...
- Business English - Which of the following would not be consired a violation of a...
- business writing - has anyone wrote a business letter to a human resouse for a ...
- business writing - can someone give me some example on how to begin writng this...
- BUSINESS LETTERS - Which element is always included in a well-written business ...