Posted by physics im dying on Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 5:34pm.
An insulated copper wire is wrapped around an iron nail. The resulting coil of wire consists of 240 turns of wire that cover 1.8 cm of the nail, as shown in the figure . A current of 0.61 A passes through the wire.
if the ferromagnetic properties of the nail increase the field by a factor of 120, what is the magnetic field strength inside the nail?
Express answer in T
iv been trying for soo long but i have no idea , its a hmk question can someone explain to me , i have a test tomm
physics - bobpursley, Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 6:03pm
physics - Isaac, Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 6:11pm
so n = 240 and i is 0,61??
and would the radius be 0.018/2??
physics - Jeremy, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:25pm
Multiply B times an increase of 120
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Bio - An electromagnet can be made by wrapping insulated wire around an iron ...
- Science - So I did a science experiment and I have to wrap a coil wire around a ...
- 11th grade Physics - A student makes a magnet by winding wire around a nail and ...
- PHYSICS - 1)A picture of width 40 cm weighing 40N hangs from a nail by means of ...
- physics help i still dont get it - A picture of width 43.0 cm, weighing 52.0 N, ...
- physics need help bad - A picture of width 43.0 cm, weighing 52.0 N, hangs from ...
- chemistry - what is the chemical equation for these situations..? a) there is a ...
- need help - A picture of width 43.0 cm, weighing 52.0 N, hangs from a nail by ...
- physics - A piece of copper wire has a resistance per unit length of 6.45*10-3 /...
- chemistry - HELP PLEASE... what is the chemical equation for these situations...