Posted by blair on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 7:35pm.
72.33 mL of 0.137 M HCl was added to an Erlenmeyer flask and is titrated with 0.165 M NaOH. Calculate the pH when 5mL of NaOH is added after the equivalence point has been reached.
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 7:44pm
First determine L NaOH for the equivalence point.
mols excess NaOH = M NaOH x L NaOH.
New M NaOH = mols excess/total volume.
(Note: total volume = volume to reach the equivalence point + 5 mL)
That will give you the M of OH^-, then pOH = -log(OH^-) followed by
pH + pOH = pKw = 14. Solve for pH.
chemistry - blair, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 8:26pm
how do you determine the L NaOH?
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 8:32pm
MHCl x L HCl = M NaOH x L NaOH
chemistry - blair, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 9:26pm
mols HCl= molsNaOH?
chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 9:47pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - 72.33 mL of 0.137 M HCl was added to an Erlenmeyer flask and is ...
- chemistry - A volume of 100mL of 1.00 M HCl solution is titrated with 1.00 M ...
- GChem - 1. 25mL of 0.1M HCl is titrated with 0.1M NaOH. What is the pH when 30mL...
- College Chemistry (DrBob222) - A solution of an unknown weak acid, HA, is ...
- CHEM 136 - A sample of 25.00 mL of 0.100 M HNO2(in a flask) is titrated with 0....
- Chemistry - 25 ml of cloudy ammonia solution is added to a 250 ml Erlenmeyer ...
- chemistry - HCl is titrated with NaOH. When doing the titration, some of the ...
- Chemistry - 1.) Watch the animation, and observe the titration process using a ...
- Chemistry - In this case, the inflection point, and equivalence, occurs after 23...
- chem lab - Calculate the theoretical pH after 2.50 mL and 9.50 mL of NaOH has ...