Posted by Emma on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 8:46pm.
we were asked to compare two countries using a chart: children and youth (age 0-19) Working adults (age 20-59) and Seniors (age 60 and older) we were then asked to identify the developed and the developing countries and make predication on the following questions: education for young people (age 10-19) Infant care for young mothers (age 20-29) Home construction for growing families (age 20-39) and Medical care for seniors (age 60 and older) - then told to write a report stating our predictions for our country and explain our reasons. also to identify what we think should be done to prepare the country for each of these four changes in the population - the chart is to predict what our country`s needs will be ten years from the date of the population data. We named one country Somewhere and did age group 0-19 - 25.90 and 20-59 - 51.70 and 60(seniors) -20.45 the other county called Elsewhere was 0-19 - 49.95 and 20-59 - 51.70 and 60 - 20.45 any help would be appreciated as i do not get this at all...i missed too many classes about it i guess - thank you so much!
Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 8:57pm
In this data --
Elsewhere was 0-19 - 49.95 and 20-59 - 51.70 and 60 - 20.45 --
are 49.95, 51.70, and 20.45 the percentages of people in each age group?
Geography - Emma, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 9:20pm
Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 9:27pm
Please check your figures. The percentages add up to more than 100%.
Geography - Emma, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 9:37pm
what should my percentages be then...i am so confused on this
Geography - Emma, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 10:01pm
can you help me alter the percentages so that this makes sense..
Geography - Emma, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 10:04pm
only my brother is home tonight and he said he could not help me.....i am supposed to write a page about his by tomorrow - my partner will be mad and disappointed that i don`t get this and i was embarrased to tell her i did not understand any of it. I missed a whole week of school before march break and i think i missed when my teacher was explaining this - thank you for any help at all i so much appreciate it
Geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 10:22pm
I asked you to check your numbers. Is it possible you miscopied them?
I have no idea what percentages are in your problem. But they must add up to about 100%.
Your percentages for the other country add up to 100%.
25.90 + 51.70 + 20.45 = 98.05 which is almost 100%.
Geography - Emma, Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 6:53am
0-19 Somewhere country 51.80
60 older 40.90
60 older 10.30
would this work better....
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - need help predicting what should be done to prepare each of our two ...
- statistics - Suppose that two employees have to be fired from a group of seven...
- math - In a contest , 2 participants were asked about their age . To test the ...
- Economics - One key development in the last two years has been the addition of ...
- math (PLZ HELP ASAP) - The students asked their math teacher to tell them her ...
- Algebra - Mario is 16 years older than his sister Mercedes. Together, their ages...
- Socials - I'm reviewing my chapter. Would abolishing child labour be effective ...
- Math - Jack is married to Jill. Their son, Junior, asked each of them to reveal ...
- statistics - Will is convinced that there is a relationship between a woman's ...
- Math - Freddy and Frankie want to know their grandmother's age. She tells them ...