Posted by dw on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 7:04pm.
fact and opinion
a fact tells something that can be proved true or false.
an opinion tells someones ideas or feelings.words that telll fellings, such as should or best, are clues to opinions.
yu can ask an expert or use reference book to check whether a statement is true.
directions read the following passage. then complete the diagram below.
Janet Evans is a famous swimmer. she won three gold medals at the 1988 Summer Olympics. Four years later, in 1992, she won a gold and silver medal in the sport. she should have tried harder to make the silver medal into a gold medal.
Janet started swimming at the age of two. that was young. but she should have started swimming at the age of one. when she 15 years old, she broke a world record. evens is an American swimmer of whm we can feel proud.
1-MY SON WRITE FACT- SHE WON THREE GOLD MEDALS TO THE 1988 SUMMER OLYMPICS
2-FACT MY SON WRITE- WHEN SHE WAS 15 YEARS OLD SHE BROKE A WORLD RECORD.
1-MY SON WRITE OPINION- SHE SHOULD HAVE TRIED HARD TO MAKE THE SILVER MEDAL INTO A GOLD MEDAL.
2-MY SON WRITE OPINION- BUT SHE SHOULD HAVE STARTED SWIMMING AT THE AGE OF ONE.
HOW TO PROVE
1- SON WRITE- LOOK IN THE COMPUTER.
2-HOW TO PROVE-FIND IN THE LIBRARY.
MY SON WRITE-SHOULD,HAVE, TRIED
MY SON WRITE SHOULD, HAVE,STARTED
What reference source would you use to find out if Janet Evans won three gold medals at the 1988 Summer Olympics?
my son write-you cauld look for a book like the summer olympics medals.
know you have tell me my son is right or not thank you
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ms.sue 3 grade english - fact and opionion a statement of fact can be proved ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - fact and opinion a statement of fact can be proved true...
- fact/opinion - Please check: 1) these mighty animals are close to extinction. [...
- fact/opinion #2 - Please check: 1) Kids who like to get muddy should visit ...
- English: Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue you've helped out in the past haha maybe you can help...
- Reading - Is the word helpful an opinion or fact? How to use it to make it an ...
- com156 - How might you determine what is fact and what is opinion? Does the ...
- 7th grade English - Explain whether the following statement is a fact or an ...
- English - we learned about objective and subjective opinions authors may have ...
- help ms.sue - whats one opinion about leukemia.i all ready wrote a fact but i ...