Posted by Derrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Allison's 11th birthday is just around the corner. Her parents are remodeling her bedroom for her birthday. They will replace her carpet and repaint her walls
1.Allison wants the top 1/2 of her walls painted pink and the bottom 1/2 painted purple. How many square feet will be pink?
2.If one can of paint will cover 80 square feet,how many cans of paint will they need to buy to cover half her walls purple and the other half pink?
3.If a can of pain cost $14 and carpet cost $2 a square foot,how much money will Allison's parents spend on remodeling her bedroom?
I dont get how to answer all of these
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:39pm
A = L * W
A = 2(11 * 8)
A = 176 sq. ft.
Other two walls:
A = 2 (13 * 8)
A = 208 sq. ft.
(176 + 208)/2 = 192 sq. ft/
192/80 = 2.4 = 3 cans of each color
I'll be glad to check your answer.
- Math - Derrick, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:46pm
Whats the 2 for on A = 2(11 * 8) and
A = 2 (13 * 8) ?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:54pm
The 2 means to multiply. The room has 4 walls; 2 are one size and the other 2 are another size.
- Math - Derrick, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 5:57pm
* means to divide?
- Math - Derrick, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 6:03pm
I got #1 for number 3 is the answer $202? I multiplied 14 and 3 and 80 and 2 then I added the product and got 202
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 6:15pm
* = multiply
Multiply the number of cans of paint by $14.
Multiply the number of square feet for the carpet by $2.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Brandon's bedroom floor is 12ft by 8ft. How many square feet of carpet ...
- algebra - Allison drove home at 66 mph, but her brother Austin, who left at the ...
- Algebra - Allison drove home at 68 mph but her brother who left at the same time...
- College Algebra - Allison drove home at 65 mph, but her brother Austin, who left...
- College algebra - Allison drove home at 58 mph, but her brother Austin, who left...
- math - Allison and Fred both work at the mall., but Allsion make $2 more than ...
- math - Chris received $1 on his first birthday,$3 on his second birthday,$6 on ...
- Math - A room has dimensions 2.24 m (height) × 5.30 m × 6.55 m. A fly starting ...
- aig - Allison, Ashley, and Becky weigh 124 kg altogether. Allison and Becky ...
- math(please help) - Allison, Ashley, and Becky weigh 124 kg altogether. Allison ...