Posted by Matthew on .
I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much.
1) The sense of reward and punishment followed the Puritan ethics of the middle class. (but not: the rewards and punishments followed.....)
2) Other important "themes" are time and place, which are decribed in great (the greatest?) detail.
3) Place and time were detailed, carefully described (correction: were described in detail?)
1. Yes -- the word "sense" is needed here.
2. Omit quotation marks; use "great" not "greatest"
3. Use "described in detail" yes.