Posted by Adrianna on Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 12:12am.
Write the general solution to y = arcsin (0.6428).
How do I find the right answer? I am like seriously stuck. I need help please.
- inverse trig HELP PLEASE!! - Reiny, Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:46am
set your calculator to degrees (the DRG key)
you should get 40.00...
since sinØ has a period of 360° , adding or subtracting multiples of 360° will produce the same answer
so 40° ± 360k would be the general solution
you might check with some arbitrary value of k
say k = 5
then 40 + 5(360) = 1840
sin 1840° = .64278 , close enough!
(on some calculators you have to enter the argument first,
you will have to test your device.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Precalculus - Write the general solution to y = arcsin (0.6428). 40°±360°k 140°±...
- Please help Math - Determine the correct formula for the measures of all angles ...
- math - A and B these 2 companies are fixing a road,A fixes 62% of the road,which...
- Pre-calculus - Find the values of x in the interval 0<=x<360 that satisfy ...
- math - Find the exact value of cos 300 degrees. thanks guys cos 300 = 1/2 = 0....
- MathsSs triG - Consider sin(x-360)sin(90-x)tan(-x)/cos(90+x) 1.A.SIMPLIFY sin(x-...
- English - What does ATLEAST mean if the number is 360? A.) 360 and less B.) 360 ...
- Precalculus - I know I posted this but I have some questions.. So is the ...
- Maths - trig - Solve 3cos2x - 7cosx = 0, when 0<=x<=360 And also, find the...
- trig - determine the coterminal angle between -360 and 360 for -540