Posted by Matthew on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 7:44pm.
1. You can say "I just arrived home from being on holiday in France with my family.
2. My nephews did some Pirate games.
3. We flew back. (it is fine)
4. Its good as is.
5. On Christmas Eve I played some party games with my cousins and we proposed a toast to the New Year.
6. Use quotations and speaker changes to signify who is talking.
7. Go with the second choice. But you can use either really.
8. Take the S off of math. I got a very good mark in my Math class.
I had a lot of nice experiences when I was on holiday.
I'm writing to tell what all has happened within the last month.
1) I just returned from my holiday in France with my family. (It means you have just come back?)
Iíve just gone on holiday with my family. (I'm still there??) yes
2) My nephews played some pirate games.
3) We flew back = we travelled back by air?? yes
During ("in"/"over"are mistakes?) my Christmas holiday "during" and "over" are OK, but not "in"
4) Sorry we have been out of touch (is "with each other" necessary??) no, it's not necessary
5) On Christmas Eve, I played some party games with my cousins.
We toasted the New Year BUT we drank a toast to the New Year. both are OK
6) Yesterday was my sisterís birthday. I gave her a CD player, and she was very happy with the present. How are things with you? I hope they are good.
7) Iíll wait for your answer. (Can you finish a letter this way?) I can't wait to receive your next email. These are OK. It might be better, though, to write "I look forward to your reply."
8) I got a very good mark in Maths. I had a lot of nice experiences when I was on holiday. I'm writing to tell you my experiences of the last month.
English - Writeacher, I really hope you can have a look at my last examples. I ...
English - I still have a few sentences to check. I really hope you can help me ...
English - I still have some doubts and a few sentences to check I can't ...
English - I still have a few doubts on sentences you checked yesterday. 1) I did...
English - I still have a few doubts on some sentences. I really hope you can ...
English - Yes, I did receive a response and I thank you a lot for helping me! ...
English - I still hae a few doubts on the Beowulf as well as on street ...
English - I still have a few more doubts on some sentences. I hope you still ...
English - Writeacher, I'm still working on my paragraph on the presentation ...
English - Thank you. I still have a few doubts. So both sentences are correct: 1...
For Further Reading