Posted by Matthew on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 2:48pm.
I forgot to add the following data. Thank you very much.
1) You should make a short list of the job requirements before going for the interview.
2) There is nothing wrong with pulling out the paper with the company’s data on during the interview.
3) You should arrive to your interview place (turn up for the interview) well before (at least 10 minutes) your interview starts. You may not find a parking space and you'd better not risk arriving late.
4) Interviewee 4 is not going to cut that close again (what is the meaning?)
5) When you seek a job, you look up (?) the job adds in the newspaper. You can also go to the recruiting/recruitment office and include your name (What do you call this office?).
6) When you go for an interview, you are generally asked to talk about yourself, your work experience, previous jobs and any other relevant experience for the job.
7) My employer has made my father redundant. My father has been laid off (by...) Now he lives on the dole (Or on the redundancy fund/in the fund for the laid-off workers). He received redundancy payment. (Which ones are possible?)
8) We ate lots of pasta/Or a lot of pasta.
Has your sister gotten her exam result?
(Is it possible in American English?)
English - Writeacher, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 4:04pm
2) There is nothing wrong with pulling out the paper with the company’s data during the interview.
3) You should arrive for your interview at least 10 minutes before your interview is scheduled to begin. You may not find a parking space right away, and you'd better not risk arriving late.
4) Interviewee 4 is not going to cut that close again (what is the meaning?) It sounds as if the 4th person to be interviewed just barely got there in time for the interview to start. The phrase "cutting it close" means he got there just in time, not a minute early!
5) When you look for a job, you read through the job ads in the newspaper. You can also go to the recruiting or employment office and include your name.
6) When you go for an interview, you are generally asked to talk about yourself, your work experience, previous jobs, and any other relevant experience and skills you have to make you a good person for this particular job.
7) My employer has laid off my father. My father has been laid off by Sun Gold Company. Now he lives on unemployment benefits. He receives unemployment benefits.
8) We ate lots of pasta/Or a lot of pasta. either is fine
Has your sister gotten her exam results?
(Yes, it's fine, but the common idiom is in the plural; I have no idea why!)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I need to rephrase (using indirect speech) what 4 people said is ...
- Art - Could you please check these sentences, Writeacher? Thank you. 1) A job ...
- Foreign languages - I urgenlty need you to check these sentences, please.Thank ...
- English - Can you please tell me if all alternatives are possible? Thank you ...
- English - Thank you very much for your help. I tried to include a few things, ...
- psychology - Could someone please provide help formulating interview questions ...
- English - I forgot to include the following two alternatives. Thank you very ...
- English - Writeacher, what does "blasè" mean? Example: I was getting a bit blas...
- business - I am so lost with this assignment.I hope that someone can help me. ...
- English - which of the following should you not do in the close of a job ...