Posted by connie on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 8:40am.
solve if x=student price and y =adult price and 2y + 5x=77 and 2y + 7x=95 what are the price for admission for both adult and child
- Algebra 1 - jennifer, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 9:51am
if i have 550 students and there are 144 more boys than girls how many girls are in class
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 11:41am
Connie, I answered this question for you on Tuesday
- Algebra 1 - connie, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 12:44pm
REINY, Thank you for your answer and the answer is obviously correct when you go back and do the multiplying ......however , I do not just want the answer, I desperately wish to understand from start to finish how you got the answer. I am sorry if I seem stupid, really , but how did you get 2x = 18 , x=9 where did the 18 come from? I am so confused. Thanks for your help!!!! connie
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 3:31pm
I thought I showed every step in the solution ....
line them up above each other:
2y + 7x = 95
2y + 5x = 77
now subtract them to get
0 + 2x = 18
(2y-2y=0 , 7x-5x = 2x, 95-77 = 18)
so 2x = 18
divide both sides by 2
2x/2 = 18/2
x = 9
sub that back into one of the original equations
2y + 5(9) = 77
2y + 45 = 77
subtract 45 from both sides
2y + 45 - 45 = 77 - 45
2y = 32
divide by 2
y = 16
so x = 9 and y = 16
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - solve if x=student price and y =adult price and 2y + 5x=77 and 2y + 7x=95...
- Algebra 1 - REINY, Thank you for your answer and the answer is obviously correct...
- Algebra - When setting the price of admission tickets for the amusement park, ...
- Algebra - there are a 1000 tickets. Price for children's ticket is 6.5. Adult ...
- ALG2! WORD PROBLEM! PLZ HELP!! - A family of 5 comes to the amusement park. ...
- Algebra - Could someone please help me with this word problem? The City Zoo has ...
- Algebra - The school that Trevon goes to is selling tickets to a choral ...
- math - $800 worth of tickets were sold.adult price is $6.children is $3 and ...
- Algebra 1 - Julia's school is selling tickets to a play. On the first day of ...
- math - At the city museum, child admission is $5.40 and adult admission is $8.70...