Posted by marko on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 10:19pm.
lydi sold 4/5 of her candles to raise money for the band. she has 8 candles left. how many candles did lydia start with?
a coin purse contains quarters, dimes, and nickes. there are the same number of dimes as nickesl and half as many quarters as dimes. the coins are worth $1.65 . how many of each coin are in the coin purse. ?
Math word problem - marko, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 10:56pm
for number 1 is it that she had 13candles to start with?
Math word problem - Reiny, Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 12:13am
so 1/5 of the candles are left or 8 are left
so she must have had 40 candles
check: 4/5 of 40 = 32
so she has 8 left.
#2. let the number of quarters be x
then the number of dimes is 2x
and the number of nickels is 2x
25x + 10(2x) + 5(2x) = 165
55x = 165
x = 3
there are 3 quarters, 6 dimes and 6 nickels.
check: 3(25) + 6(10) + 6(5) = 165
Math word problem - emma k, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 5:55pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math word problems - lydi sold 4/5 of her candles to raise money for the band. ...
- 5th grade math - 40 members of parents organizations are making candles to raise...
- math - forty member of a parent organazation are making candles to raise money. ...
- Math - Forty members of a group are making candles. One member drops out and the...
- maths - karen decorated her mother's birthday cake. one-third of candles are ...
- Math - Blair is decorating a birthday cake with candles. The cake has a diameter...
- algebra 2 - you are making gift baskets.each basket will contain three different...
- algebra. help!! - 6 hour have to change to minute. i hate words problem. so ...
- algebra. help!! - I TRIED WITH X/6 - X/9 IT DIDN'T WORK. HERE THE PROBLEM: Two ...
- math - the cost price of 12 candles is equal to the selling price of 15 candles...