Posted by marko on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:32pm.
mark and melinda collect baseball caps. mark has 7 more than melinda.
togheter they have 115 caps. how many baseball caps does each of them have?
i got: melinda has 54 mark has 61
is that right?
i have 2 more i cant figure out:
1) in a pet store the number of dogs is more than 3 times the number cats. if the pet store has 21 dogs how many cats does it have?
2) in the pet store the number of birds is 10 less than twice the number of rabbits, if the pet store has 56 birds, how many birds does it have?
- MATH - Olivia, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:37pm
1) yes I think is right
3) Not quite sure it doesn't make any sense
- MATH - marko, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:38pm
for question 1 is it 9 cats
- MATH - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:39pm
The first one is right.
1) The store has less than 7 cats.
2) 56 - 10 = 46
46/2 = 23
- MATH - marko, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:42pm
so question 1
is 7 cats
i don't follow how you got 7?
question 2 is 23 rabbits
- MATH - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:49pm
21 = 3c
Solve for c
- MATH - marko, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:54pm
3x 7 = 21
so c = 7
i get it
- MATH - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 9:58pm
You're welcome. :-)
- MATH - none, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 11:20am
bored x 100000 paigeee
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Write an inequality to solve each problem.Then solve the inequality. 1. ...
- Math: slope problem - Suppose a line passes through the point (6 caps, $3/cap) ...
- math - George has 20 hats. If 1/4 of them are baseball caps and the rest are all...
- math - melinda charges $4 per hour for babysitting. Mrs Garden does not want to ...
- Math - Write an equation and solve. 1/A spider has 8legs. What is the number of ...
- Science Help! - Melinda's science techer gave her an unknown substance to ...
- Math 12 - Melinda and Milan both need a place to live. Melinda has decided to ...
- math - There are some caps in a box. 1/6 of them are red, 1/3 of them are blue ...
- Math - There are some caps in a box. 1/6 are red, 1/3 are blue, and 3/7 of the ...
- Math homework - There are caps in a box. 1/6 are red, 1/3 are blue, and 3/7 of ...