Posted by Anonymous on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 2:52pm.
Multiply and Simplify:
Can you simplify down any further?
please and thank you
- Math - Steve, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 3:39pm
using the general
(a-b)^3 = a^3 - 3a^2b + 3ab^2 - b^3
(a^x - a^-x)^3
= a^3x - 3a^2xa^-x + 3a^xa^-2x - a^-3x
= a^3x - 3a^x + 3a^-x - a^-3x
Not sure where you want to go from here.
- Math - MathMate, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 3:41pm
It would be good as it is. If you want, you can replace
3a^(-x) by 3/a^x and
-a^(-3x) by -1/a^(3x)
which may be considered more explicit.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. ...
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- math - Can someone help me with this problem? multiply and simplify 4 1/5 x 10/...
- Intermediate Algebra - I have a take home test and I'm stuck on a couple. Anyone...
- Math - simplify the complex fraction 4/x+5 +2 _________ 14/x+5 -2 Once i ...
- algebra... help soon please - i cannot figure any of this stuff out. please help...
- algebra - How do you simplify [2/(x+4)]+2 ----------- [3/(x+4)]+1 I know the ...
- Calc. Help - Simplify. #1. 5(2-i) - 3(4+3i) ..my work: 10-5i-12-9i -2-14i Do you...
- algebra - i cannot figure any of this stuff out. please help. if you can there ...
- Algebra II - Simplify: d/d^2-9 + 5/2d+6 I got as far as d/(d+3)(d-3) + 5/2(d+3) ...