posted by basher on .
Physics Gravitation help...?
i need some help with my physics revision sheet. i cant seem to get my head round it. if anyone could help by telling me how to work it out to get the right answer i would be grateful...
answers would also be appreciated.
ok here is the question:
mass of the earth = 5.97 * 10^24 kg
Polar Radius of Earth = 6.36 * 10^6 m
1) calculate the net force on a 1.08 * 10^3 Kg Satellite when it is in a polar orbit 2.02 * 10^7 m above the earths orbit....
2)show that the only stable orbit for the satellite orbiting at an altitude of 2.02 * 10^7 m has a period of appoximatly 12 hours.
3) for any object orbting around a primary body R^3 å T^2
where R is the radius of the orbit and T is the time period for the orbit.
show that thi is true and in doing so:
- state the conditions required for a stable orbit
- show that the conditions do not depend on the mass of the orbiting object.
4) discuss the particular requirements for an orbit that will keep the a satellite vertically above a certain point on earths surface.