Posted by dw on Friday, March 9, 2012 at 5:45pm.
MAIN IDEA AND DETAILS
THE MAIN IDEA IS THE MOST IMPORTANT IDEA IN A SELECTION OR A PARAGRAPH.
DETAILS ARE THE SMALL PIECES OF INFORMATION THAT TELL ABOUT THE MAIN IDEA.
DIRECTION- READ THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE. THEN ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW.
Every day,Juan would leave his tiny village to explore the world. He didn't have to travel far. He didn't even need a burro.
"Ay,mijo," his mother scolded him,"where were you all afternoon?"
"I was hiking along the Inca Trail in Peru," Juan replied.
"It is not nice to lie," his mother said. "But I didn't insisted Juan. His mother sent him to his room without dinner for lying.
Though his stomach grumbed. Juan decided to visit Spain. He laughed and danced at a fiesta, and soon his parents knocked on his door.
"I'm at a fiesta in Spain," Juan called out. "Come join me!" His parents stepped in to find Juan twirling around with a book in his hands. He began to read aloud to them, and his parents laughed.
"So you are in Spain!" his mother said, and they all danced at the fiesta together.
1-What is the main ideal of this story?
my son write- That Juan went to Spain.
2-What is one detail that supports the main idea?
my son write-That he was lying.
3-What is another detail that supports the main idea?
my son write-That he had a fiesta.
4- As you read this story, what prediction did you make about how it would end? Were you correct?
my son write-I thought his mom will believe him.
i just want to know my son did all right or not thank you
- 3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 6:14pm
I'm afraid that your son did not understand the main idea of this story. The main idea is that Juan explored the world by reading about many countries.
Please ask him to find the details that support this main idea.
- 3 grade english ms sue - dw, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 7:21pm
1- the main idea is that Jaun explored the world by reading about many countries.
2-Ay, mijo his mother scolded him where were you all afternoon. i was hiking along the Inca Trail in Peru, Juan replied.
3-it is not nice to lie his mother said. but i didn't insisted Juan.
4- i thought his mom will believe him that he wasn't lying. my prediction is not correct.
check again and tell me is this right or not thank you
- 3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 7:27pm
- 3 grade english ms sue - dw, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 7:40pm
thank you very much
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3 grade english ms sue - the topic is what a piece of writing is about. the main...
- 3 grade english ms sue - main idea and details the topic is what a piece of ...
- conclusions - What function do conclusions serve in essays? A. Conclusions ...
- english - Main Idea: The big rivers in the center of the United States have a ...
- Science - What is the main idea and list a least 2 details about the main idea? ...
- English - The strategies for writing positive or neutral message. is my ...
- developmental reading - what are the processes in finding the main idea and ...
- English - supporting details may refer to secondary points which may help to ...
- 6th grade ELA - An implied main idea is _______________ in a paragraph.You have ...
- History - I have a paper I must do and have been trying all summer to finish. I ...