Posted by jason on Friday, March 9, 2012 at 10:00am.
1. In persuasive writing, it is important to (1 point)anticipate and address counterarguments.
clearly state your position.
provide facts and examples to back up your position.
practice all of the above.
2. “Redskin” was originally a term for (1 point)Indians in general.
the bounty placed on Indians.
white people who sided with Indians.
great Indian warriors.
3. The government’s first target in educating Indian children was their
4. Read the following passage from “Indians Are a People, Not Mascots.” Identify which persuasive technique Fred Veilleux employs in the passage.
Suppose a team such as the New Orleans “Saints” decided to
include religious rituals in their half time shows. For instance,
could you imagine that whenever a touchdown is made the public
address system and the organist break into a rendition of “Ave
Maria” while cheering fans dressed as the Pope sprinkle holy water
while toasting one another with chalices full of beer or wine? The
Catholic church and the American public would be outraged.
(1 point)Convince your opponents that you are a reasonable person.
Show that you understand the other side of the argument.
Help people imagine what it’s like to experience the condition you want to change.
Show how the change you want will benefit your audience.
5. If you are reading a book, and it says that Professor Smith is hatching an insidious plot, you know
(1 point)he is the hero.
he is a good writer.
he wants to help others.
he is dangerous.
- english 11 - Writeacher, Friday, March 9, 2012 at 10:20am
No one will answer these questions for you, but we'll be happy to check what YOU THINK if you post YOUR ANSWERS.
- english 11 - Anonymous, Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 2:06pm
- english 11 - :), Monday, August 13, 2012 at 12:39pm
Just took the same quiz.
- english 11 - Anonymous, Monday, August 26, 2013 at 1:42pm
- english 11 - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:27am
1).d 2).b 3).d 4).c 5).d
- english 11 - nick, Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:58pm
Connexus answers d,b,d,c,d
Answer this Question
writing (persuasive essay) - Hi. I'm in 10th grade and our teacher assigned us a...
Persuasive writing.... - I will be teaching my grade 5 students a lesson on ...
10th grade English - Persuasive writing. How to write a persuasive paragraph ...
Persuasive Writing - Hello! I was wondering if you had any ideas for a ...
8th grade Language Arts - I am writing a persuasive essay and I need some tips ...
English - Would anyone mind looking over this persuasive essay? I need to pass ...
Writing - Josie wrote a newspaper advertisement about the school cafeteria's ...
English - In persuasive writing, it is important to
English - In persuasive writing, it is important to...?
English - How can you use or organize persuasive messages? You need to consider ...