February 22, 2017

Homework Help: Functions/Logarithims

Posted by Steph on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 8:35pm.

Energy is needed to transport a substance from outside a living cell to inside the cell. This energy is measured in kilo calories per gram molecule, and is given by
E = 1.4 log (C1) / (C2
where C1 represents the concentration of the substance outside the cell, and C2 represents the concentration inside the cell.

a) Find the energy needed to transport the exterior substance into the cell if the substance inside the cell is double the concentration outside the cell.

b) What is the sign of E if C1 < C2? Explain what this means in terms of the cell.

(Please show all your work to answer this question! Thank you so much!)

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

More Related Questions