Posted by dw on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:03pm.
Jan, Mya, and Sara ran a total of 64 miles last week. Jan and Mya ran the same number of miles. Sara ran 8 less miles than Mya. How many miles did Sara run?
64 miles in all
Jan - Mya - Sara
Same as Mya - Same as Jam - 8 less
my son need help in this question
- 3 grade math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:11pm
I don't know how your son is supposed to do this.
Here's a simple algebra solution. Let x = the miles that Jan and Myra each ran.
x + x + x - 8 = 64
3x - 8 = 64
3x = 64 + 8
3x = 72
x = 72/3
x = 24
24 - 8 = 16
- 3 grade math - dw, Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:24pm
do you have a different way to explain to me then i can explain to my son thank you
- 3 grade math ms sue - dw, Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 8:26pm
i need help
- 3 grade math - Paulette, Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 1:10am
this makes no sense to me and won't to my child either. the instructions for solving, are try 3 numbers that add to the total with 2 numbers equal and the other 8 less then revise numbers till you get the answer.
- 3 grade math - Benjamin Money, Monday, May 23, 2016 at 4:25pm
- 3 grade math - Benjamin, Monday, May 23, 2016 at 4:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - this makes no sense to me and won't to my child either. the instructions ...
- 3 grade math - I can answer this question, but I need to explain to our child ...
- Math - Jan, Mya, and Sara ran a total of 64 miles. Jan and Maya ran the same ...
- math - Jan Maya and Sara ran a total of 64 miles. two ran the same and one ran 8...
- Math - Stephanie runs 5 days a week. Her distances for 5 days are 2.8 miles, 3....
- Math - Karen ran 42 miles in 6 days. On Sunday she ran 12 miles. Each of the ...
- math - on friday catlin ran 1 and 1/5 miles on sunday she ran 1 and2/5 miles.On ...
- algebra - When 40 is added to the number of miles Karen ran last week, the ...
- Math - I have another question-Mr. Burns ran 14 miles last week. He only ran on ...
- math - You ran 1.5 miles befor you decide you were running in the wrong ...