Posted by Cicilia on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 5:48pm.
What are the verbs in these sentences? I just want to check my work.
Gasping, Matty called for his gift to come. There was no sense of how to direct it. He became aware, suddenly, that he had been chosen for this.
Thanks in advance!
- English Grammar: Verbs - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 5:55pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- English Grammar: Verbs - Cicilia, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 5:59pm
These are my answers:
had been chosen
I'm not sure about "to come" and "to direct". Are the ones that I listed right? Did I miss any?
Thanks Ms. Sue!
- English Grammar: Verbs - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 6:08pm
All except gasping are correct. There are only the last four verbs you listed.
In this sentence, "gasping" is a present participle used as an adjective. "To come" and "to direct" are infinitives used as adjectives in these sentences.
- English Grammar: Verbs - Cicilia, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 6:12pm
Oh, okay! Thanks!
Just curious- What words do "to come" and "to direct" describe?
- English Grammar: Verbs - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 6:24pm
To come describes gift. To direct describes how.
Answer this Question
- English - What is a verb? An action word like run,walk,play! There are also "...
- English Grammar - What is the difference between modal verbs and auxiliary verbs...
- grammar - directions: rewrite the 2 sentences as 1 sentence by combining the ...
- English - Can you please help me work out phrasal verbs related to work? When do...
- English Launguage Arts 6th feet - Does anyone know a website that i can go and ...
- Spanish - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting your little brother...
- Language - Break and thing are examples of what kind of verbs (not "action") ...
- Urgent English help - The sentences below have transitive verbs so each verb has...
- Spanish (Please help me) - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting ...
- English - Whats the nouns and verbs in this sentences ? Seek his will in all you...